We’ll make it easy!
You bought those stock shares to make your money grow. That investment has paid off, but to use the proceeds, you’ll have to give Uncle Sam a cut in the form of capital gains tax. OR you can donate that stock to Room at the Inn.
Donating appreciated stock to Room at the Inn is a great way to ensure that you get to choose how your investment gains are used. Instead of paying capital gains tax on the earnings from your stock shares, consider donating the stock to Room at the Inn, a 501(c) 3 organization. As a nonprofit, we are not required to pay taxes.
Benefits to you
- You will avoid capital gains tax.
- You will get a tax deduction for the current market value of your donated stock.
- If you pay Missouri state income tax, you can receive a credit of 50% the value of your donated stock, as long as the value exceeds $250. Click to find out more.
- You’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that the full value of that stock is benefitting people in need of help!
- Click here for an example.
Of course individual tax situations vary. Please consult your tax advisor as to your eligibility regarding the potential benefits to you. Room at the Inn does not provide tax advice.
Transferring ownership of your stock is a simple electronic transaction. You can get the process rolling by calling or emailing Cindy Hails at 314-209-9181 or email@example.com. Cindy will be able to answer all your questions and direct you in the process. It will be a most productive use of 15 minutes of your time!